And let’s be honest: a watch that lets you talk to people, listen to music, monitor your heart rate and check the stock market is pretty amazing.
But a traditional, intricately-designed wristwatch is amazing in its own way. A watch like that needs the right repairman when it breaks. At Doylestown Gold Exchange, we provide fast watch repairs to Bucks County residents who find their timepieces need fixing.
Watches Can Span Generations
A good wristwatch can span generations. The Swiss watchmaker Patek Phillipe acknowledges this with their motto: “You never actually own a Patek Phillipe. You merely take care of it for the next generation.”
Even if you don’t own a super high-end watch, you might have one that was handed down to you from your father, who got it from his father, and so on. In either case, it’s important to have someone on hand who can care for your watch if something goes wrong.
But local watch repair isn’t easy to find. It’s hard to find an old school watchmaker who’s trained to take a watch apart, and examine its hundreds of almost microscopic pieces to check for flaws. Doylestown Gold Exchange is lucky enough to have an expert watch repairman on staff.
People have come to us with many different problems over the years, fom a simple stemming crown to a fractured crystal to a broken brand to rusting.
We can replace your watch batteries, repair broken crystals, fix broken bands, restore old rusty watches, and do complete overhauls on brands such as Rolex and Omega.
We’ll look at your watch and give you an estimate for repair. Typically, watch repairs take two to four weeks, and come with a one-year guarantee.
We also offer expert jewelry repair for Bucks County residents who need repairs ranging from ring sizing to simple solders to replacing missing stones.
We hand-deliver all of your items from our store to our repair service shop. Everything you give us will be insured, and we’ll provide you with a detailed record of all of your jewelry.
Watch Care Tips
Although we’re happy to help you by providing fast watch repair service here in Bucks County, we want you to be able to care for your watches.
Here are a few tips to help you do that:
- Avoid temperature extremes. Leaving your watch in a hot car, or wearing it in a hot tub may damage its components or cause it to malfunction. And cold weather could cause irregular timekeeping until the watch resumes its normal temperature.
- Clean your watch with a soft cloth on a regular basis. Stains, water spots, and dirt can cause premature wear. If you wear your watch in the shower, or while swimming, rinse it with freshwater and dry it thoroughly.
- If you have a metal watch band, clean it with a dry soft cloth to get rid of heavy perspiration. You can clean it more thoroughly on occasion using warm soapy water and a soft brush, then rinsing and drying thoroughly. If your watch isn’t water resistant, let a jeweler handle cleaning.
- With leather bands, blot any moisture that comes from perspiration with a soft cloth or paper towel. Heavy perspiration can cause the leather to dry out and deteriorate. To remove salt residue and dirt from the leather, clean it with a soft, damp cloth and mild soap or saddle soap. You can clean the strap with a soft cloth dampened with alcohol. Wear the strap a bit loosely to let air circulate and moisture evaporate.
- If you have a rubber strap for your watch, wash it frequently with mild soap, warm water and a soft brush. Use the same cleaning method after the watch comes in contact with salt water. Solvents, sweat, and oils can cause rubber to break down if not removed.
Of course, even the most diligent cleaning and care can’t prevent every accident or mechanical problem. When those things happen, contact Doylestown Gold Exchange.
For years, customers have trusted us to provide expert jewelry repair and fast watch repair in Bucks County. You may use your cell phone to tell time, but as far as we’re concerned, a good watch is still a work of art, and should be treated as such.